Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 19:42:19 UTC

4.8.1

I'd like to spin a 4.8.1 bugfix release (mostly for some small yet
annoying indexwriter bugs).

I'm thinking thursday or so for the release candidate.

Please backport any good bugfixes!

Re: 4.8.1

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
If this is going to take some time, it'd be great to get SOLR-6075 in.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The 4.8.1 vote may be delayed more. The email system is still acting like
> UDP.
>
> I am waiting for it to work reliably again. Thanks for your patience.
>
> In the meantime test the branch
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_8/)
> and commit bugfixes and tests.
>
> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As you know the mail servers have been totally screwed up.
> >
> > Please get bugfixes backported, if you have any before tomorrow (I
> > will try an RC then).
> >
> > On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'd like to spin a 4.8.1 bugfix release (mostly for some small yet
> >> annoying indexwriter bugs).
> >>
> >> I'm thinking thursday or so for the release candidate.
> >>
> >> Please backport any good bugfixes!

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: 4.8.1

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.8.1

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.8.1

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
It looks like only the commit for CHANGES.txt got backported for SOLR-6029.
I can go back and backport the code change.

Joel

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch

Re: 4.8.1