Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2005/01/04 11:19:37 UTC

INDEXREADER + MAXDOC

Hi

Guys

Apologies...........

On using the integer number of  Indexreader.maxDoc() API ,

Is it possible to get the VALUES from the varoius  fieldtypes.

ex:-   'docs.get("contents")  at  IndexReader.maxdoc()'

If so How...??

WITH WARM REGARDS
HAVE A NICE DAY
[ N.S.KARTHIK]

Re: INDEXREADER + MAXDOC

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 4, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Karthik N S wrote:

> Hi Erik
>   I would like to EXTRACT the DATA from the various fields of the Last
> Document [as u said ]
>
>   Ex: at IndexReader.maxDoc = 100
>
>       doc.get("Content") == "ISBN100"
>       doc.get("name")    == "LUCENE IN ACTION""
>       doc.get("author")  == "Erik Hatcher"
>
> This is my Requirement.

So...

	doc = reader.document(100)

Or am I missing something from what you're asking?  You need to have
the data *stored* in the fields you're going to retrieve from the
returned Document.

	Erik

RE: INDEXREADER + MAXDOC

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hi Erik

Apologies.......

  I would like to EXTRACT the DATA from the various fields of the Last
Document [as u said ]

  Ex: at IndexReader.maxDoc = 100

      doc.get("Content") == "ISBN100"
      doc.get("name")    == "LUCENE IN ACTION""
      doc.get("author")  == "Erik Hatcher"

This is my Requirement.

Please
With regards
Karthik

On Jan 4, 2005, at 5:19 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> On using the integer number of  Indexreader.maxDoc() API ,
>
> Is it possible to get the VALUES from the varoius  fieldtypes.
>
> ex:-   'docs.get("contents")  at  IndexReader.maxdoc()'
>

> If so How...??

Just to be sure I understand... you want the last document in the
index?  IndexReader.document(n) will give you this.

	Erik

Re: INDEXREADER + MAXDOC

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.