Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Thamme Gowda <tg...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 01:48:39 UTC

Document Categorizer based on Glove + LSTM (powered by DL4J)

Hello OpenNLP Devs,

I am working with text classification using word embeddings like
Gloves/Word2Vec and LSTM networks.
It will be interesting to see if we can use it as document categorizer,
especially for sentiment analysis in OpenNLP.

I have already raised a PR to the sandbox repo -
https://github.com/apache/opennlp-sandbox/pull/3

This is first version, and I expect to receive feedback from Dev community
to make it work for everyone.

Here are the design choices I have made for the initial version:

   - Using pre-trained Gloves - I felt the glove vector format is clean,
   easily customizable in terms of dimensions and vocabulary size, and (also I
   have been reading a lot about them from Stanford NLP group).
      - Training Gloves isnt hard either, we can do it using the original C
      library as well as by using DL4J.
      - Using DL4J's Multi layer networks with LSTM instead of reinventing
   this stuff again on JVM for OpenNLP

Please share your feedback here or on the github page
https://github.com/apache/opennlp-sandbox/pull/3 .

Thanks,
TG

--
*Thamme Gowda *
@thammegowda <https://twitter.com/thammegowda> |

Re: Document Categorizer based on Glove + LSTM (powered by DL4J)

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
It would be really great if you could implement doccat format support
for the Stanford Large Moview Review dataset, that way we can also
easily train the normal doccat component with it. We should open a
jira for that.

Jörn

Posted by Thamme Gowda <tg...@gmail.com>.
Got it, Thanks. We will do it.