Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gavin Cato <ga...@corp.nexon.com.au> on 2004/11/06 21:39:00 UTC

Customizing the SA error message?

Is there a way to edit this apart from editing the source code?

"Spam detection software, running on the system "assassin.nexon.com.au", has
the administrator of that system for details."

Cheers

Gav

Re: Customizing the SA error message?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:05:48PM +1100, Gavin Cato wrote:
> One other question, sometimes the "preview" function merely previews the
> report template, i.e.
>
> Is there a way to always make it show the preview of the actual spam?

The only way that can happen, imo, is if you're scanning the message twice.
It always shows the body of the message in the preview, not the report.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
I know everything about everything... except that.

HELP on SIMPLE sa-mimedefang file ?

Posted by Hitete <hi...@free.fr>.
Hi,

Here is my sa-mimedefang.cf file :
required_hits           5
ok_locales              all
rewrite_subject 1
subject_tag [*****SPAM*****]
report_safe 0
skip_rbl_checks 1

Is that enough to for spamassassin to work on a relay host ?.(the relay host
workerd well before mimedefang and spamassassin installation).

I'm looking for a fairly simple mimedefang config file. Seems impossible to
find. Is that enough ?.
I run fedora core 2 and SA 3.0 with mimedefang 2.42.

/Hitete

Re: Customizing the SA error message?

Posted by email builder <em...@yahoo.com>.
Anyone?

> How is it possible to use the report_hostname template setting to pick up
> on
> virtual domains?  Or is it?  Mine always uses the actual domain name of the
> machine itself; I'd rather use the virtual host name from the domain of the
> target user.

> > > Yeah, it's configurable.  Check out "perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf",
> > > look for "report" and "clear_report_template". :)

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Re: Customizing the SA error message?

Posted by email builder <em...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Gavin Cato <ga...@corp.nexon.com.au>.
Thanks Theo, I found the necessary info in there, I should have looked there
initially!

One other question, sometimes the "preview" function merely previews the
report template, i.e.

Spam detection software, running on the system "assassin.nexon.com.au", has

Content preview:  Spam detection software, running on the system
  "assassin.nexon.com.au", has identified this incoming email as
  possible spam. The original message has been attached to this so you
  can view it (if it isn't spam) or label similar future email. If you
  have any questions, see the administrator of that system for details.
  [...]

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 07:39:00AM +1100, Gavin Cato wrote:
> Is there a way to edit this apart from editing the source code?

Yeah, it's configurable.  Check out "perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf",
look for "report" and "clear_report_template". :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Marge, let's end this feudin' and a-fussin' and get down to some lovin'.

 		-- Homer Simpson
 		   Colonel Homer