Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Keren Ouaknine <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 22:12:25 UTC

HDFS issue

Hello,

I encounter an HDFS error running Pig from eclipse. The error doesn't occur
when I run Pig from the command line, as I successfully connect to:
*Connecting to hadoop file system at: hdfs://localhost:54310*

However, trying to debug Pig's Main class from eclipse I get the following
error:
*2014-03-24 14:01:13,629 [main] INFO
 org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine -
Connecting to hadoop file system at: file:///*
*2014-03-24 14:01:14,775 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.PigServer - exception
during parsing: Error during parsing. Failed to create DataStorage*

I added to eclipse classpath an entry pointing to the conf file, and also
made sure my environment variables in the Run configurations were set at
follow:
HADOOP_HOME=/home/kereno/Documents/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.0
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/home/kereno/Documents/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.0/conf
HADOOPDIR=/home/kereno/Documents/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.0/conf

Any clue what can be the problem?

I added a screenshot of the error on:
http://kereno.com/hdfs_error.jpg

Thanks,
Keren

--
Keren Ouaknine
www.kereno.com

Re: HDFS issue

Posted by Keren Ouaknine <ke...@gmail.com>.
Issue solved. I configured eclipse with additional env variables and it
solved the error :)
Thanks.

--
Keren Ouaknine