Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Mario Diana <md...@technicallycreative.com> on 2016/05/05 20:03:13 UTC

Is there a simple PEAR Maven-plugin example project? ("Hello, World!" variety)

Can anyone point me to a UIMA project on GitHub, BitBucket, or elsewhere that uses the Maven-plugin to build PEAR packages? The closer the project is to the "Hello, World!" variety, the better.

I'm just trying to get a jump on the learning curve. Thanks!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mario Diana
Software Developer
Technically Creative Inc.
Simplifying IT Solutions
Office: 845.725.7883
mdiana@technicallycreative.com<ma...@technicallycreative.com>
www.TechnicallyCreative.com<http://www.technicallycreative.com/>
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RE: Is there a simple PEAR Maven-plugin example project? ("Hello, World!" variety)

Posted by Mario Diana <md...@technicallycreative.com>.
Thank you, Richard. I managed to get your PEAR packaging tutorial working. There were only some small changes that needed to be made.

I posted two complete POM files, both a parent and project pom.xml, based on your tutorial to my Gist:

PearParentPom.xml
https://gist.github.com/software-mariodiana/d46e10fca53dc6e6c0f16e20563476b8

PearProjectPom.xml
https://gist.github.com/software-mariodiana/e9a0f0f03a49d33dcc32655170fd4841

Regards,

Mario

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
A long time ago...

... I wrote up a small PEAR/Maven howto

http://www.annolab.org/pearpackaging.html

Didn't use it much afterwards though - and it is based on an ANCIENT version of UIMA.

But maybe it still works and contains some valuable information.

Others have written other/alternative/more up-to-date howtos, e.g.

https://metaphysicaltangibility.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/uima-pears-and-the-uima-pear-packager-maven-module/

As for projects on Github:

https://github.com/search?l=maven-pom&q=PearPackagingMavenPlugin&type=Code&utf8=✓

Cheers,