Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amira Othman <a....@cairosource.com> on 2011/09/07 14:47:06 UTC

[users@httpd] load balancing

Hi all,

I am using httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.1.vm on centos 5.6 I want to add another  web
server to act as web farm. I want to use mod_proxy for load balancing
between servers but I don't know how.any one can help me in this issue ?

Regards

Amira Othman

Server Administrator

 <http://www.cairosource.com/> www.cairosource.com

6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen

Cairo, Egypt

Direct:     +2 02 3303 7175
Mobile:   +2 012 220 4165

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

RE: [users@httpd] load balancing

Posted by Kashif Rahman <ka...@vopium.com>.
You can install another apache and run it on different IP or if same IP then
have different port, then that would work for you.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Kashif Rahman

Principal SCM Engineer

cid:image001.jpg@01CBB64A.A77B4560

Vopium A/S | Office# 2, 7th Floor, Shaheen Complex | 38 Abbot Road

Lahore | Pakistan | t + 92 42 6316491 | f + 92 42 6316492

imagesCAV9FMB1 + 92 334 9771227 | imagesCAXWPPLS kashif_r | w
www.vopium.com <http://www.vopium.com/>

Posted by Mark Wiltshire <ma...@redalertconsultants.co.uk>.
Have you see this

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

Mark
On 7 Sep 2011, at 13:47, Amira Othman wrote:

Hi all,
I am using httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.1.vm on centos 5.6 I want to add another  web server to act as web farm. I want to use mod_proxy for load balancing between servers but I don’t know how.any one can help me in this issue ?

Regards
Amira Othman
Server Administrator
www.cairosource.com

<image001.jpg>

6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen
Cairo, Egypt
Direct:     +2 02 3303 7175
Mobile:   +2 012 220 4165

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.