Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/09/01 17:01:38 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "ReferenceManualTenTwo" by Army

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Army:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReferenceManualTenTwo

  ||List of datatypes || http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ || Dan D || In the list of data types the XML type is listed as 'XML data type', remove the words 'data type', all of the other types are listed just as the type name. Same is true of the page that describes the XML type, it says 'XML data type', other types just have the name of the type, e.g. BLOB || ||
  || XQUERY operator || docs/html/ref/rreffuncxmlquery.html || Dan D || This description: ''The result of the XMLQUERY operator is another Derby XML value. Unlike other XML values, the result might represent an empty sequence of XML nodes or values. Atomic values, such as strings, can be part of the result sequence. The result of an XMLQUERY operator is not guaranteed to represent a valid XML document and it might not be possible to insert the result of an XMLQUERY operator into a Derby XML column'' should be replaced with: The result of the XMLQUERY operator is '''a value of type XML'''. '''The result represents a''' sequence of XML nodes or values. Atomic values, such as strings, can be part of the result sequence. The result of an XMLQUERY operator is not guaranteed to represent a '''well formed''' XML document and it might not be possible to insert the result of an XMLQUERY operator into an XML column  - Notes on the changes (bold), a) no need to use Derby b) The old word
 ing had the use of 'might' and 'empty sequence', I think it wanted to describe a sequence and the result is always a sequence, not that it might be. c) Use of 'well-formed' is better than 'valid'. || ||
  || Date function || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefdatefunc.html ref/rrefdatefunc.html] || jta || The number listed in the description "a positive number less than or equal to 3,652,059" gets an error, the max number that works is 2,932,897 || ||
+ || XML data type || [http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsqljtypexml.html rrefsqljtypexml.html] || Army ||  See following thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.devel/28136/focus=28136 || ||

  [[Anchor(sqlreservedwords)]]'''SQL Reserved Words: '''