Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Tripathi <as...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 08:52:20 UTC

Sun One Web Server unescaping URLs

Sun One Web Server unescapes URL before it sends to the redirector (JK).
Does anyone know how to stop this.

In case of IIS, the URL is passed "as-is" to the redirector which does the
unescaping before sending to Tomcat. So, with the registry setting of
"uri_select" to be "unparsed", the redirector also sends it to Tomcat
"as-is".

But with SunOne, the WebServer does the unescaping and the redirector sends
to Tomcat "as-is".

Is there any setting in SunOne that can tell teh WebServer, not to fiddle
with the URLs and send it to the redirector "as-is".

As a solution for now, I modified the redirector code to negate the effect
of the uri unescape, and things have been fine for me since then. But, i am
lookign for a proper solution.

Thanks.