Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/01/27 13:01:02 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] FAQs Mon Jan 27 13:01:02 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQs, version: 37 on Mon Jan 27 11:06:48 2003 by DerekH

+ A: Not sure.  In the worst case, you can look at the website which contains the latest version of all the documentation shipped with Cocoon.
+
+ !Getting Started
+
+ Q: I'm new to Cocoon and having trouble getting started. The documentation's overview page seems largely incomprehensible. What documents, in what order, should I read to find enlightenment?
+
+ A: Enlightenment comes from within.  Seriously, even if you are not a Zen student, it is very difficult to give one answer to this question.  We each have different needs/problems and start with different skills sets to try and solve them.  For __me__, I work best with examples and so I looked at the existing Cocoon [Sitemap] to try and see how it worked, and then tried to apply the most relevant portions to my own problems.  When I got stuck, I would post questions to the [mailing list|http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html] and usually get a good reply.
+
- !Getting Started
-
- Q: I'm new to Cocoon and having trouble getting started. The documentation's overview page seems largely incomprehensible. What documents, in what order, should I read to find enlightenment?
-
- A: Enlightenment comes from within.  Seriously, even if you are not a Zen student, it is very difficult to give one answer to this question.  We each have different needs/problems and start with different skills sets to try and solve them.  For __me__, I work best with examples and so I looked at the existing Cocoon sitemap to try and see how it worked, and then tried to apply the most relevant portions to my own problems.  When I got stuck, I would post questions to the [mailing list|http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html] and usually get a good reply.