Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2012/01/25 14:01:45 UTC

Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

I used Maven a lot for Java development in the past.

Now I have got a C/C++ project.

Is Maven able to deal with C/C++ structures as well?
In other words: Can I use it for C/C++ development too?

Can I use Hudson server on top for C/C++ development as well?

If yes: Is there a newbie tutorial/introduction on how to use Maven for C/C++ for experienced Java Maven users?

Thank you
Ben

Re: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-native/native-maven-plugin/

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

take a deep look into the maven nar plugin....

https://github.com/duns/maven-nar-plugin

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 21:37:01 -0800
> From: poubelle2013@limule.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?
>
> > I must admit that even with this patch, I did not success to convince my
> > colleagues (who were using Borland C++ under MS smopuiM) to use maven.
> > They
> > use svn cross references to mix sources files.
> MG>maven-jxr-plugin
> The JXR plugin has 2 goals:
> - * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference
> page of the project's
> main sources. The generated JXR
> + * {{{jxr-mojo.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference page
> of the project's
> main sources. The generated JXR
> files can be linked to the javadocs of the project.
>
> - * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to
> generate a cross-reference
> page of the project's test sources.
> + * {{{test-jxr-mojo.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to
> generate a cross-reference
> page of the project's test sources.
> MG>http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jxr-plugin/
>
> No, no, I was talking about svn, not maven: "svn cross references to mix
> sources files."
> The problem was to "mavenize" all projects together. There were no
> versioning system. Every compilation were hasardous because of uncontrolled
> version dependencies between projects.

what is your solution?

RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:44:57 -0800
> From: poubelle2013@limule.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?
>
> That's done, after 2 hours of fight against svn (install svn, read
> documentation, apply diff, generate patch, remember login access in jira,
> etc...)
> It's exactly as Dan Tran expects it:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1647
>
> I must admit that even with this patch, I did not success to convince my
> colleagues (who were using Borland C++ under MS smopuiM) to use maven. They
> use svn cross references to mix sources files.
MG>maven-jxr-plugin
   The JXR plugin has 2 goals:
-  * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference page of the project's
main sources. The generated JXR
+  * {{{jxr-mojo.html}jxr:jxr}} is used to generate a cross-reference page of the project's
main sources. The generated JXR
   files can be linked to the javadocs of the project.

-  * {{{plugin-info.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to generate a cross-reference
page of the project's test sources.
+  * {{{test-jxr-mojo.html}jxr:test-jxr}} on the other hand, is used to generate a cross-reference
page of the project's test sources.
MG>http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jxr-plugin/

It was a real nightmare to

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.
Dan Tran has just applied the patch. Thank you.

RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.
I'm not able to make apply the patch. That's too complex for me.
Look at this:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1647?focusedCommentId=337757&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-337757

RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.
That's done, after 2 hours of fight against svn (install svn, read
documentation, apply diff, generate patch, remember login access in jira,
etc...)
It's exactly as Dan Tran expects it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-1647

I must admit that even with this patch, I did not success to convince my
colleagues (who were using Borland C++ under MS smopuiM) to use maven. They
use svn cross references to mix sources files. It was a real nightmare to

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.
I don't understand... I've already done the job here:
https://bitbucket.org/opencontinuous/maven-native/commits/6a09a45bdf06/

It's a diff, all is clear, no?

RE: Maven for C/C++ development usable as well? Hudson server?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
wow, there is a happy user of native-maven-plugin.  what is JIRA case with
the patch?

-D

Posted by pizaninja <po...@limule.com>.
My development has become a dream since I use maven and maven native plugin
to compile my c++ code with g++.
I also use maven and ANT maven plugin to make package like debian ones (ipk
for uCLinux).
All is versionned, dependencies are resolved... A real dream! Yes, a dream!

I use jenkins a lot exactly as I did before when I used java language.

Now, I don't understand why everybody don't use maven for their C++
compilation, at least under linux (with g++). I think that "make" belongs to