Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Hammant <ph...@hedgeserv.com> on 2016/06/07 13:28:01 UTC

Merge tracking (cherry-pick) error in Svn ... looking for confirmation before filing a JIRA ticket.

Except I filed the ticket instead of reading the ticket-filing instructions, so ‘before' really is ‘after' – oops:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635

Reproduction:

   git clone https://github.com/paul-hammant/subversion_testing.git
   cd subversion_testing
   ./reset.sh
   ./server.sh
   ./test_of_out_order_merges_back_the_original_branch.sh

Does this finished or choke on a merge conflict for you?

If the same scripts ported to Perforce, Git and Mercurial and the same sequence of events works fine. The code for those is on branches in that Git repo. I wrote blog entries too for the experience, but it’s probably not necessary to link to them here.

- Paul