Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by imranrazakhan <im...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/02 21:28:19 UTC

EnMasse vs activemq

HI,

do anyone knows difference between EnMasse vs activemq,

http://enmasse.io/

Regards

Re: EnMasse vs activemq

Posted by Ulf Lilleengen <lu...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

As Justin said, it's not really a direct alternative to ActiveMQ, and in
fact ActiveMQ Artemis is one of the core components in EnMasse.

EnMasse adds some management components to deal with scaling brokers
up/down in an OpenShift/Kubernetes environment + a higher level
configuration model to configure messaging infrastructure in a
declarative fashion. It also integrates the broker with the Apache Qpid
Dispatch Router.

Best regards,

Ulf

Re: EnMasse vs activemq

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com>.
EnMasse includes a broker as part of its functionality (ActiveMQ Artemis in
this case) but it offers quite a lot more functionality beyond the broker
related to scalability and deployment.  I don't think it's really valid to
compare EnMasse to an ActiveMQ broker directly.

Justin