Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 09:43:56 UTC

Committing code in trunk or RC1 branch

Yesterday I had some time during a long bus trip and worked on various
JIRA items. I made my changes in the trunk but now I'm wondering
whether I should have been working in the RC1 branch.

I'd like to get the change into SVN before others start changing code
as well. So, the question is where do I commit my code.

D.

Re: Committing code in trunk or RC1 branch

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
I just responded on the other thread because I realized that this was
exactly the misunderstanding between the two of us, so I figured it's
better to clear it up now than later.

Short version: I don't believe a release should be called an "RC". RC
means "Release Candidate". In my understanding, it is not a real
release, but rather a test or trial for a real release.

Ethan

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.