Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com> on 2009/02/24 13:06:01 UTC

Axis2/C 1.6 - features

Hi,

I am going to start working on Axis2/C 1.6 release. AFAIK following are
the new items for 1.6

1. XPath support for Axiom
2. CGI interface support
3. Large attachment handling with MTOM
4. Improvements to AMQP transport
5. Many other bug fixes.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,
-Manjula.

--
Manjula Peiris
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Hot deployment and hot update in Axis2/C1.5

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Anushree,

"Nair, Anushree" <an...@hp.com> writes:
> I'd like to know if hot deployment and hot update features are supported in Axis2/c1.5. If it has been supported then how do we enable the feature?
> I saw the following lines in file dep_engine.c

Hot deployment and Hot update features are not implemented yet in
Axis2/C. I do not think it will be implemented in the future. Yes, you
can see these codes because initially, Axis2/C followed Axis2/Java
architecture and intended to implement hot update and deployment. It
did not work well though.

thanks,
Dinesh

Hot deployment and hot update in Axis2/C1.5

Posted by "Nair, Anushree" <an...@hp.com>.
Hello,

I'd like to know if hot deployment and hot update features are supported in Axis2/c1.5. If it has been supported then how do we enable the feature?
I saw the following lines in file dep_engine.c

/**
 * To set hot deployment and hot update
 */
static axis2_status_t
axis2_dep_engine_set_dep_features(
    axis2_dep_engine_t * dep_engine,
    const axutil_env_t * env)
{
    axis2_char_t *value = NULL;
    axutil_param_t *para_hot_dep = NULL;
    axutil_param_t *para_hot_update = NULL;

    AXIS2_PARAM_CHECK (env->error, dep_engine, AXIS2_FAILURE);

    para_hot_dep = axis2_conf_get_param(dep_engine->conf, env, 	AXIS2_HOTDEPLOYMENT);
    para_hot_update = axis2_conf_get_param(dep_engine->conf, env, 	AXIS2_HOTUPDATE);

    if (para_hot_dep)
    {
        value = (axis2_char_t *) axutil_param_get_value(para_hot_dep, env);
        if (0 == axutil_strcasecmp(AXIS2_VALUE_FALSE, value))
        {
            dep_engine->hot_dep = AXIS2_FALSE;
        }
    }

    if (para_hot_update)
    {
        value = (axis2_char_t *) axutil_param_get_value(para_hot_update, 		env);
        if (0 == axutil_strcasecmp(AXIS2_VALUE_FALSE, value))
        {
            dep_engine->hot_update = AXIS2_FALSE;
        }
    }