Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org> on 2020/06/30 05:10:52 UTC

RC1 for 14.1

Thanks to some great work by Chris Dutz, RC1 for 14.1 release is out!
Please go try it out, check signatures and checksums, etc.

Binaries:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1062/org/apache/mahout/apache-mahout-distribution/14.1/

Source:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1062/org/apache/mahout/mahout/14.1/

Best
Andrew

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I think after voting we add the artifacts to SVN by hand. Happy to
discuss, what are the advantages of the way you're doing it in PLC4X?

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Von: Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 um 16:57
An: Mahout Dev List <de...@mahout.apache.org>, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Betreff: Re: RC1 for 14.1

(5) @Christofer Dutz<ma...@c-ware.de> where are KEYS normally kept?

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Posted by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org>.
I'm seeing a couple potential bugs, definitely at least a typo in
`bin/mahout` where there was some commented out nested ifs; when I comment
out the dangling fi on line 257 I still see some problems. Am I missing a
step?

$ ./bin/mahout spark-shell
Adding lib/ to CLASSPATH
./bin/mahout: line 257: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./bin/mahout: line 257: `  fi'
$ vi bin/mahout
$ ./bin/mahout spark-shell
Adding lib/ to CLASSPATH
2020-06-30 15:27:39 WARN  Utils:66 - Your hostname, rob resolves to a
loopback address: 127.0.1.1; using 10.0.1.40 instead (on interface wlp60s0)
2020-06-30 15:27:39 WARN  Utils:66 - Set SPARK_LOCAL_IP if you need to bind
to another address
2020-06-30 15:27:40 WARN  NativeCodeLoader:62 - Unable to load
native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
applicable
Setting default log level to "WARN".
To adjust logging level use sc.setLogLevel(newLevel). For SparkR, use
setLogLevel(newLevel).
Spark context Web UI available at http://10.0.1.40:4040
Spark context available as 'sc' (master = local[*], app id =
local-1593556068798).
Spark session available as 'spark'.
repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1062/org/apache/mahout/apache-mahout-distribution/14.1/bin/load-shell.scala.
..
<console>:40: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.scalabindings._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.drm._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.scalabindings.RLikeOps._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.drm.RLikeDrmOps._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings._
                         ^
<console>:24: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       implicit val sdc:
org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings.SparkDistributedContext = sc2sdc(sc)
                                    ^
<console>:24: error: not found: value sc2sdc
       implicit val sdc:
org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings.SparkDistributedContext = sc2sdc(sc)

       ^

                _                 _
_ __ ___   __ _| |__   ___  _   _| |_
 '_ ` _ \ / _` | '_ \ / _ \| | | | __|
_| |_| |_|\__,_|_| |_|\___/ \__,_|\__|  version 0.14

That file does not exist

Welcome to
      ____              __
     / __/__  ___ _____/ /__
    _\ \/ _ \/ _ `/ __/  '_/
   /___/ .__/\_,_/_/ /_/\_\   version 2.3.0
      /_/

Using Scala version 2.11.8 (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, Java 1.8.0_252)
Type in expressions to have them evaluated.
Type :help for more information.

scala>
scala> import org.apache.mahout.math._
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math._
                         ^

scala> import scalabindings._
<console>:23: error: not found: value scalabindings
       import scalabindings._
              ^

scala> import RLikeOps._
<console>:23: error: not found: value RLikeOps
       import RLikeOps._
              ^

scala>

Re: RC1 for 14.1

Posted by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org>.
I'm seeing a couple potential bugs, definitely at least a typo in
`bin/mahout` where there was some commented out nested ifs; when I comment
out the dangling fi on line 257 I still see some problems. Am I missing a
step?

$ ./bin/mahout spark-shell
Adding lib/ to CLASSPATH
./bin/mahout: line 257: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./bin/mahout: line 257: `  fi'
$ vi bin/mahout
$ ./bin/mahout spark-shell
Adding lib/ to CLASSPATH
2020-06-30 15:27:39 WARN  Utils:66 - Your hostname, rob resolves to a
loopback address: 127.0.1.1; using 10.0.1.40 instead (on interface wlp60s0)
2020-06-30 15:27:39 WARN  Utils:66 - Set SPARK_LOCAL_IP if you need to bind
to another address
2020-06-30 15:27:40 WARN  NativeCodeLoader:62 - Unable to load
native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
applicable
Setting default log level to "WARN".
To adjust logging level use sc.setLogLevel(newLevel). For SparkR, use
setLogLevel(newLevel).
Spark context Web UI available at http://10.0.1.40:4040
Spark context available as 'sc' (master = local[*], app id =
local-1593556068798).
Spark session available as 'spark'.
repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1062/org/apache/mahout/apache-mahout-distribution/14.1/bin/load-shell.scala.
..
<console>:40: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.scalabindings._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.drm._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.scalabindings.RLikeOps._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.math.drm.RLikeDrmOps._
                         ^
<console>:23: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings._
                         ^
<console>:24: error: object mahout is not a member of package org.apache
       implicit val sdc:
org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings.SparkDistributedContext = sc2sdc(sc)
                                    ^
<console>:24: error: not found: value sc2sdc
       implicit val sdc:
org.apache.mahout.sparkbindings.SparkDistributedContext = sc2sdc(sc)

       ^

                _                 _

That file does not exist

Welcome to