Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Sufyan Arif <SA...@rdfgroup.com> on 2006/06/05 11:48:54 UTC

Help, accidentally destroyed the maven app logs dir

Hi,

I'm in need of some major help. We were running continuum on a machine
with only 8gb and to recover some disk space one of our developers
deleted the contents of
/continuum-1.0.3/apps/continuum/build-output-directory. Now when we try
to restart the continuum server we get a dirty big exception in the
logs.

3734 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.SCHEMA  - Failed
initialising database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is
accessible, and the database URL and username/password are correct.
Exception : Failed to start database
'D:\java\continuum-1.0.3\bin\win32\..\..\apps\continuum/database', see
the next exception for details.

SQL Exception: Failed to start database
'D:\java\continuum-1.0.3\bin\win32\..\..\apps\continuum/database', see
the next exception for details.

Recovery failed unexpected problem log record is Not first but
transaction is not in transaction table : 803445.

ERROR XSLAO: Recovery failed unexpected problem log record is Not first
but transaction is not in transaction table : 803445.

Is their any way I can recover from this? I really don't want to go
through installing it from scratch. I have looked in the mailing list
and can't find anything appropriate. If anyone can point me in the right
direction then I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Sufyan

PS - The dirty big exception in full

242542 [Thread-0] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.SCHEMA  - Failed initialising
database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is accessible, and
the database URL and username/password are correct. Exception : Failed
to start database
'D:\java\continuum-1.0.3\bin\win32\..\..\apps\continuum/database', see
the next exception for details.

SQL Exception: Failed to start database
'D:\java\continuum-1.0.3\bin\win32\..\..\apps\continuum/database', see
the next exception for details.

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)

            at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)

            at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown
Source)

            at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)

            at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

            at
org.jpox.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.j
ava:82)

            at
org.jpox.util.FailoverUtils.getConnection(FailoverUtils.java:62)

            at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.<init>(RDBMSManager.java:214)

            at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManagerFactory.getStoreManager(RDBMSManagerFac
tory.java:59)

            at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.<init>(AbstractPersistenceManager.ja
va:222)

            at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerImpl.<init>(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:34)

            at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.getPersistenceManager(Persistence
ManagerFactoryImpl.java:916)

            at
org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.getPersistenceManager(Persistence
ManagerFactoryImpl.java:891)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.getPersistenceManager
(JdoContinuumStore.java:1295)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.updateObject(JdoConti
nuumStore.java:598)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.updateSystemConfigura
tion(JdoContinuumStore.java:1045)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.configuration.DefaultConfigurationService.sto
re(DefaultConfigurationService.java:272)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.stopContinuum(DefaultContinu
um.java:2047)

            at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum$1.run(DefaultContinuum.java:
167)

Recovery failed unexpected problem log record is Not first but
transaction is not in transaction table : 803445.

ERROR XSLAO: Recovery failed unexpected problem log record is Not first
but transaction is not in transaction table : 803445.

            at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.redo(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.recover(Unknown Source)

            at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.boot(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown
Source)

            at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.bootStore(Unknown
Source)

            at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.boot(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService(Unknown
Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startProviderService(
Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.findProviderAndStartS
ervice(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentServic
e(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentServic
e(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startPersistentService(Un
[...]

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the individual sender except where they are stated to be the views of RDF Group plc. All messages passing through this gateway are virus scanned.

Re: Help, accidentally destroyed the maven app logs dir

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Are you sure that build-output-directory is the only thing deleted?
You can try to recreate this directory.

Send us the full content of your exception.

Emmanuel