Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amol Puglia <am...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/23 12:03:54 UTC

Threads Locking Monitors(61 Threads Locking)

Hello Team,

I am analyzing thread dumps of tomcat and I can see there are around 61 threads locking monitors
Below is the description of the thread which is locking on monitor.
I do not understand what is causing this.
Kindly someone explain the analysis of the below thread.

"ajp-8009-35" daemon prio=3 tid=0x0000000116c40800 nid=0x2cc in Object.wait() [0xfffffffed0c7f000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    - waiting on <0xfffffffef379b3d0> (a org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.await(AprEndpoint.java:1511)
    - locked <0xfffffffef379b3d0> (a org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1536)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Re: Threads Locking Monitors(61 Threads Locking)

Posted by Amol Puglia <am...@yahoo.com>.
I am having tomcat version 6.0.26.

Let me know if you need further information

________________________________
> Below is the description of the thread which is locking on monitor.
> I do not understand what is causing this.

The thread in question appears to be just waiting for a request to be given to it for processing.  In other words, this is the normal state for an idle thread.  (But without knowing the exact Tomcat version, it's impossible to be absolutely sure.)

- Chuck

RE: Threads Locking Monitors(61 Threads Locking)

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Amol Puglia [mailto:amolcpuglia@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Threads Locking Monitors(61 Threads Locking)

> I am analyzing thread dumps of tomcat