Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Johnson, Brian" <Br...@Lodestarcorp.com> on 2005/01/31 21:02:06 UTC

Multiple SSL Web service calls with different certificates within the same JVM

Facing an issue with the lastest Axis 1.2RC2 release.  We have an enterprise app that must make many web services calls with each call requiring a different digital certificate.  The digital certificate is defined by using the JSSE system properties.  Before each call, this =
system property is redefined.  If all calls are processed within the same JVM, the first digital certificate is used for all socket communication.  If each call is executed in it's own JVM, everything works as designed.

Can this be supported today (with writing my own SocketFactory)?  If not, will it?
If a new SocketFactory is the solution, does any have an example I can start with?

Thanks,
Brian Keith Johnson