Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Stan Pinte <st...@wanadoo.be> on 2001/07/24 12:38:08 UTC

your post in turbine-user Re: turbine vs. struts - here's an idea

hello,

It has been five days I have been annoying everybody on the jetspeed user
and dev list, and I have read your post. I think you understand what my
problem is:

I have a running Servlet/jsp application.

The workflow is always the same: the controller servlet does the business
logic, then user forward()  or include() to call a jsp, for the layout.

I am trying to "cut and paste" this application into a Jetspeed portal.

 > - trying to include a JSP or servlet through RequestDispatchere, I have a
 > IllegalStateError
 > because I need to use HttpServletResponse.getOutputStream() to pass it
to the
 > VelocityService
 > whereas the RequestDispatcher will try to use getWriter().

I am also getting IllegalStateErrors after trying to call include(), in my
servlet.

So I wander if It is at all possible to do in the current Jetspeed/Turbine
state.

thanks a lot,

Stan.

Stanislas Pinte