Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 19:50:36 UTC

Deploy message FAIL but app deployed

I'm deploying my app using curl, and I get the following error,

FAIL - Failed to deploy application at context path /my#new#app#1.0

But if I look inside webapps the app is unpacked, and if I load the server
with the context with reply ok.
Why could be giving me the FAIL message?

Kind regards,
José

Re: Deploy message FAIL but app deployed

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Jose,

On 12/10/14 2:03 PM, Jose Monreal wrote:
> I'm  deploying my app as,
>
> curl --upload-file filename.war
> http://localhost:8180/manager/text/deploy?path=my#new#app#1.0
>
> and the META-INF/context.xml has this context /my/new/app/1.0

What is the error on the server? Check the logs.

META-INF/context.xml should not include a "path" attribute. Does your
WAR file's context.xml include a "path" attribute? If so, remove it.

Do you have /my/new/app/1.0 defined in server.xml anywhere? If so,
remove it. Do you have my#new#app#1.0.war in CATALINA_BASE/webapps? If
so, remove that, too.

Finally, remove any
CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/my#new#app#1.0.xml file and restart
Tomcat. Then try deploying via the manager again.

- -chris

Posted by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com>.
I'm  deploying my app as,

Posted by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com>.