Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Debika Mukherjee <De...@infosys.com> on 2013/03/27 12:29:07 UTC

Elasticsearch with kerberos

Hi,

Is there any integration of Solr with Kerberos?

Thanks and regards,
Debika Mukherjee
CLOUD BBSR
VOIP 6743071561

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Elasticsearch with kerberos

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: >> Is there any integration of Solr with Kerberos?

: > I am pretty sure that the answer is no.  Solr has no security features at
: > all - it is intended to live where regular users cannot get to it.

The key question is how you define "integration of Solr with Kerberos" ?
what is your goal?  How is it you want Kerberos to be used?

Because Solr is webapp that can run in any servlet container, you may be
able to achieve your goals by using a servlet container that already
supports kerberos (ie: if your goal is to use kerberose authentication of
clients talking to Solr)

But w/o more details as to what it is you actually car about, there's no
real way to give you a meaningful answer other then to say nothing in Solr
requires or directly knows about kerberose authentication.

-Hoss

Re: Elasticsearch with kerberos

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Debika,

Did you really mean to ask about Solr or ElasticSearch (see subject)?

I think your best bet is ManifoldCF, where I see some mention of it
http://search-lucene.com/?q=kerberos

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support