Posted to user@flink.apache.org by 杨东晓 <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/14 02:11:39 UTC

The mapping relationship between Checkpoint subtask id and Task subtask id

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the different end2end duration for each
subtask id in checkpoint.
In flink web ui I noticed  for job task subtask id it start from 0 and for
checkpoint  subtask id it start from number 1,.
How can I find out which checkpoint subtask id belongs to which job task
subtask id, just simply use checkpoint subtask ID -1 will be ok?
Thanks

Re: Re: The mapping relationship between Checkpoint subtask id and Task subtask id

Posted by Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com>.
BTW, the FLIP-75 is going for the user experience of web UI.
@Yadong Xiehave we already considered this issue to unify the ids in different parts in FLIP-75?

Best,
Zhijiang
From:Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com>
Send Time:2020 Feb. 14 (Fri.) 13:03
To:Jiayi Liao <bu...@163.com>
Cc:Yun Tang <my...@live.com>; 杨东晓 <la...@gmail.com>; user <us...@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Re: Re: The mapping relationship between Checkpoint subtask id and Task subtask id

Let's move the further discussion onto the jira page.
I have not much time recently for working on this. If you want to take it, I can assign it to you and help review the PR if have time then. Or I can find other possible guys work on it future.

Best,
Zhijiang

From:Jiayi Liao <bu...@163.com>
Send Time:2020 Feb. 14 (Fri.) 12:39
To:Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com>
Cc:Yun Tang <my...@live.com>; 杨东晓 <la...@gmail.com>; user <us...@flink.apache.org>

Hi Zhijiang,

It did confuses us when we’re tring to locate the unfinished subtask in Checkpoint UI last time. I’ve created an issue[1] for this.
@杨东晓 Do you have time to work on this?

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-16051

Best Regards,
Jiayi Liao

At 2020-02-14 10:14:27, "Zhijiang" <wa...@aliyun.com> wrote:
If the id is not consistent in different parts, maybe it is worth creating a jira ticket for better improving the user experience.
If anyone wants to work on it, please ping me then I can give a hand.

Best,
Zhijiang
From:Yun Tang <my...@live.com>
Send Time:2020 Feb. 14 (Fri.) 10:52
To:杨东晓 <la...@gmail.com>; user <us...@flink.apache.org>

 Hi

 Yes, you are right. Just simply use checkpoint subtask_id -1 would find the corresponding task subtask_id.

 Best
 Yun Tang

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi