Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 17:53:54 UTC

[RESULTS] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 (RC1)

Thanks everyone for reviewing and voting. The vote for the release of the
Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 plugin has passed with 4 +1 votes (3 of these votes
are binding). I'll complete the release process later today. Thanks again.

Tim McConnell wrote:
> Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the maintenance release of the
> Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 RC1.
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.4-deployable.zip
>

> The update site zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.4-updatesite.zip
>

> The current svn location is here (revision number 762587):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.1.4
>

> The future svn location will be here (when approved):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.1.4
>

> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they
> are here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.4.txt
>

> There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
> below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
> required to install and run the GEP:
>
> ---->
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html
>

> In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
> through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
> capabilities of the GEP:
>
> ---->
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
>

> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
> manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede) of Eclipse for downloading the
> GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but you must
> use the staging site created for this vote at:
>
> ----> http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/staging_site/
>
> Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote
> is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Wednesday (04/09) at 9:30 PM ET.
>
> [ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4
> [ ] +0  No opinion
> [ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4

Tim McConnell

Re: [RESULTS] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 (RC1)

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond, thanks for opening a JIRA and attaching failing EJB....

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,