Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Nate Chadwick <na...@structuredsoft.com> on 2004/06/16 17:16:34 UTC

Jetspeed - Servlet Portelt/JSP Template question

Hi,

    I inherited a Jetspeed 1.4  implementation - I have since upated it
to 1.5.  I am not sure that it is implemented correctly.  My question is
this:

    Given a portlet that reads data from a database and needs to create
a link to another portlet on another screen (not default).  What is the
correct way to implement that?  I have attempted to create a second PSML
file and JSP template layout  but I have been unable to get that page to
render from a link in a portlet on the default page.  I have gone
through the tutorial etc and seem to be missing how templates need to be
referenced on the URL.

    /WEB-INF/psml/user/anon/html/en/newsview.psml
     /WEB-INF/templates/jsp/layouts/newsview.jsp

I'd like to link to the new template something like this.

http://localhost:8080/portal/newsview.jsp?id=23

The objective is to pass the ID generated in portlet A on the home page
( a list of database driven news articles in a 3 column layout with
other portlets) in a URL param to Portlet B on a different page (one
column page with only one portlet)

Not matter what combination I try I am getting a 404.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?  Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance for any help,

-nate