Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2008/08/07 04:53:10 UTC

Re: svn commit: r683465 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 01:30:49 -0000
tdonovan@apache.org wrote:

> remove proposal accidentally added twice

I was about to ask whether you planned to vote on the other
instance of it, when I saw:

> - * mod_rewrite: After r649840, mod_proxy_http will no longer append
> a query string
> -   from r->args if "no-canon" is used. PR: 45247
> -
> -      Trunk version of patch:
> -         http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=670061&view=rev
> -         http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=670198&view=rev
> -      Backport version for 2.2.x of patch:
> -         Trunk version of patch(es) works
> -   +1: tdonovan

That's actually different: only the first patch was already proposed.
Maybe you'd like to clarify?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: svn commit: r683465 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 08:09:56 -0400
Tom Donovan <do...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
> > On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 01:30:49 -0000
> > tdonovan@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >> remove proposal accidentally added twice
> >
> > I was about to ask whether you planned to vote on the other
> > instance of it, when I saw:
>
> Looking at the "backport to 2.2" votes in STATUS, they all seem to be
> from experienced httpd maintainers; so I was unsure if I should vote
> myself or wait for three +1's from others before proceeding.

Your +1 in STATUS is worth the same as anyone else's.  That's a
threshold you passed when you became a committer.  Another thing
you can do now when you have time for it is to review proposals
in STATUS and vote and/or comment on them.

> > That's actually different: only the first patch was already
> > proposed. Maybe you'd like to clarify?
>
> r670061 was my first attempt to fix it.
>
> Ruediger pointed out that this change could break forward proxies in
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.devel/34670
> so I corrected the fix in r670198.

Then it would be a good idea to include that in the backport proposal,
typically by amending the existing one (add a note something like
"please add r670198").

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: svn commit: r683465 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

Posted by Tom Donovan <do...@bellatlantic.net>.
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 01:30:49 -0000
> tdonovan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> remove proposal accidentally added twice
>
> I was about to ask whether you planned to vote on the other
> instance of it, when I saw:

Looking at the "backport to 2.2" votes in STATUS, they all seem to be from experienced httpd
maintainers; so I was unsure if I should vote myself or wait for three +1's from others before
proceeding.

>> -      Trunk version of patch:
>> -         http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=670061&view=rev
>> -         http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=670198&view=rev

> That's actually different: only the first patch was already proposed.
> Maybe you'd like to clarify?

r670061 was my first attempt to fix it.

Ruediger pointed out that this change could break forward proxies in
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.devel/34670
so I corrected the fix in r670198.

The (original) proposed patch
   http://people.apache.org/~tdonovan/diffs/mod_rewrite_proxy_esc_2.2.x.diff
combines both the r670061 and r670198 changes
   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c?r1=664333&r2=670198

-tom-