Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ghanshyam Sharma <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/10 13:05:58 UTC

New to jetspeed - want start with it

Hi Experts,

I am new to apache jetspeed, I have just read a brief about it. I want to
really start with jetspeed2.
Can you please suggest me that from where should I start.

Is it possible to install jetspeed2 on Windows XP?
Is there any pleace where I can find sample steps to go ahead with
jetspeed2?

Please suggest me all the possible things which I need to do, to do a POC.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
Ghanshyam

Re: New to jetspeed - want start with it

Posted by je...@bnf.fr.
The link provides a jar, which also work on windows
I've installed it on windows xp. The only thing is that I had to create a
temp directory unless an error occured.

These the command lines I used:
Installation:

D:\jed\downloads>mkdir  C:\TEMP\antinstall
D:\jed\downloads>java -jar jetspeed-installer-2.2.2.jar

After the install starts, you choose your differents options. (install
portal, derby database for the first time is easier...)

Launching jetspeed (Still on command line)
cd /d C:\Apache\Jetspeed-2.2.2\bin

if needed:
set JRE_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

and run jetspeed:
startup.bat

Playing with demo
You can access to demo portal via the following url:
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed

Regards
J.

Hi Jerome,

Yes, I can download the installer. but I am looking for installation link
on
Windows system.
and some other practice session demo.
On portal site, below link is not working... which contains the demo.

http://portals.zones.apache.org/jetspeed/ui/

Thanks,
Ghanshyam

http://apache.cict.fr//portals/jetspeed-2/binaries/jetspeed-installer-2.2.2.jar

Posted by Ghanshyam Sharma <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerome,

ronatartifact wrote:

> On 10/10/2011 7:05 AM, Ghanshyam Sharma wrote:
>> Hi Experts,
>>
>> I am new to apache jetspeed, I have just read a brief about it. I want
>> really start with jetspeed2.
>> Can you please suggest me that from where should I start.
>>
>> Is it possible to install jetspeed2 on Windows XP?
> yes
>
>> Is there any pleace where I can find sample steps to go ahead with
>> jetspeed2?
> Jetspeed Web site at Apache?
> Start with the demo. Install it on XP and try it out.
>
>> Please suggest me all the possible things which I need to do, to do a
>> POC.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ghanshyam
>

> --
> Ron Wheeler
> President
> Artifact Software Inc
> email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
> skype: ronaldmwheeler
> phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Exposition  Boris Vian  - du 18 octobre 2011 au 15 janvier 2012 - BnF - Fran�ois-Mitterrand / Galerie Fran�ois 1 er Avant d'imprimer, pensez � l'environnement.

Re: New to jetspeed - want start with it

Posted by Ghanshyam Sharma <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron,

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.