Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rablists <ra...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/06/25 14:31:27 UTC

How can I subclass ActionServlet to work? (null getservlet in the ActionForm)

I actually found  similar questions on the list but none were
answered. I am now confident that the ActionForm does not set the
servlet. So how can I subclass the ActionServlet to make it to work,
so the ActionForm's servlet will be set everytime we initialize it.
Any ideas? thanks a lot..

--- In struts@yahoogroups.com, "rablists" <ra...@y...> wrote:

ActionServlet as = this.getServlet(); return null from ActionForm
constructor.

I am having problem getting hold on the ActionServlet from an
ActionForm constructor. It returns null. I dont want to populate the
form by an Action, I want to do it through the form's constructor. I
want to get the servlet in the form's constructor because I want to
acess the MessageResources from the ActionForm. Any idea? Thanks