Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/04/02 10:13:50 UTC

What about moving applications into its own source tree?

Hi,

While migrating the applications to M2 I came up with the idea to move
that directory to its own repository, just like daytrader or devtools,
off Geronimo the application server tree. What do you think?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: What about moving applications into its own source tree?

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
+1

This is a good idea. This will help us in building up a rich library
of samples. Contributors could provide samples prototyping the latest
techonlogies and their usage in Geronimo. I believe we will find us
more adopters and converts.

+1

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Here are some additional thoughts.  I think the console would stay as Paul
indicated as well as the jmxdebug (isn't there a better version out there?
Simon?)  Not sure about the UDDI stuff.

Here is what might remain:

drwxr-xr-x   11 hogstrom  hogstrom   374 Mar 17 11:20 console-core
drwxr-xr-x   11 hogstrom  hogstrom   374 Mar 17 11:21 console-ear
drwxr-xr-x   11 hogstrom  hogstrom   374 Mar 28 10:52 console-framework
drwxr-xr-x   11 hogstrom  hogstrom   374 Mar 28 10:52 console-standard
drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 jmxdebug
drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 remote-deploy
drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 remote-deploy-lib
drwxr-xr-x   12 hogstrom  hogstrom   408 Apr  2 16:23 uddi-db
drwxr-xr-x   14 hogstrom  hogstrom   476 Apr  2 16:23 uddi-server

Already moving out
drwxr-xr-x   17 hogstrom  hogstrom   578 Mar 28 10:52 daytrader

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.