Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frédéric Dreier <fr...@uptime.ch> on 2003/10/20 09:49:47 UTC

newbies question about el/non-el jars

Hi,

I have started a struts app a few weeks ago, starting from an example app.
All runs fine until that I try to use <html:link page="${blabla}"> .. where
blabl was not evaluated. After some posts readings, I have copied the
struts-el jars and tld in my WEB-INF. And now it works.

My question is how does both el and non-el works together? actually I have
both tld's and both libs in my WEB-INF WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/std-lib. But
both jars libs (el and non-el) have the same names: should el replace non-el
jars? does el-jars include non-el classes (jars seems to be bigger).

Thanks in advance for your explanations,

Regards,

Frederic

Re: newbies question about el/non-el jars

Posted by Christian Martin <ch...@joanneum.at>.
Struts EL are an extension to the struts tag library

have a look at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/struts-el.html

... there all your questions concerning this issue should be answered.