Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rus Foster <rg...@fsck.me.uk> on 2003/07/07 21:16:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Protecting files

Hi
I've got a customer who has the following setup

/path/to/documentroot
/path/to/documentroot/inc

Now in inc he has things like database login info which is called from
things in documentroot. Now the problem I've got is how to protect the inc
folder. Trying things like order allow,deny and <Files *.inc> are causing
trouble as the files are being called as
http://www.domain.com/inc/file.inc

Short or recoding the application to call files as
/path/to/documentroot/inc is there anything that can be done?

Rgds

Rus

--
www: http://www.65535.net       | Hosting - Shell Accounts