Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2005/01/05 16:25:54 UTC

ID tag

Any source control experts out there?

In the commits I did this morning, the ID tag in the headers was changed.
For example:

+++
jakarta/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/resource/loader/DataSourceResourceLoader.java
- * @version $Id: DataSourceResourceLoader.java,v 1.12 2004/03/20 03:35:51
dlr Exp $
+ * @version $Id$

But that wasn't in my patch.  What happened?  Is this a config issue on my
end or on the server?

WILL

Re: ID tag

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

>A little counterintuitive.

But the only way to get svn merge or svn diff to work without the
"diff nightmares" of CVS.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security

Re: ID tag

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Thanks, that explains it.  When you view it on the web site:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/resource/loader/DataSourceResourceLoader.java?rev=124215&view=markup

It shows the ID tag.  But when you retrieve it with subversion it expands
it.

A little counterintuitive.

WILL

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Will,

--
Shinobu "Kawai" Yoshida <sh...@gmail.com>

Re: ID tag

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Thanks,

I'm not sure if that clears anything up for me.  I'd assumed that svn would
expand ID like cvs.  Is this not the case?  (or did I do it wrong).

Daniel, since you set up the subversion, any tips on this?

WILL

Re: ID tag

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Will,

> Any source control experts out there?

I'm not an expert, but...

Re: ID tag

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

>Any source control experts out there?

>In the commits I did this morning, the ID tag in the headers was changed.
>For example:

>+++
>jakarta/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/resource/loader/DataSourceResourceLoader.java
>- * @version $Id: DataSourceResourceLoader.java,v 1.12 2004/03/20 03:35:51
>dlr Exp $
>+ * @version $Id$

>But that wasn't in my patch.  What happened?  Is this a config issue on my
>end or on the server?

svn propget svn:keywords DataSourceResourceLoader.java

svn propset svn:keywords "Id Author" DataSourceResourceLoader.java