Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Govoni, Darren" <DG...@mcdonaldbradley.com> on 2004/06/28 18:25:42 UTC

Can't compile translet

Hi,
  I downloaded xalan 2.6.0 and followed the directions to compile a translet, but I get this exception that I can't figure out.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xml.utils.XMLChar.isValidQName(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.VariableBase.parseContents(VariableBase.java:233)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Variable.parseContents(Variable.java:57)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.parseOwnChildren(Stylesheet.java:545)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.parseContents(Stylesheet.java:527)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.Parser.createAST(Parser.java:380)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:325)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:234)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:370)
        at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.cmdline.Compile.main(Compile.java:140)

Any help? I appreciate your time.

Darren

Re: Can't compile translet

Posted by Morris Kwan <mk...@ca.ibm.com>.

You might be using an older version of Xalan packaged in your JDK. Please
refer to this FAQ (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CC) if
you use JDK 1.4.

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

             "Govoni, Darren"
             <DGovoni@mcdonald
             bradley.com>                                               To
                                       <xa...@xml.apache.org>
             06/28/2004 12:25                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject