Posted to user@pig.apache.org by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/20 05:28:21 UTC

Pig version mismatch after setting PIG_HADOOP_VERSION

Dear users,

My pig 0.3.0 and hadoop-0.18.3 worked fine with single node cluster, but
after I change to a 2 - nodes cluster, I got this error as I ran pig:

*org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch: Protocol
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobSubmissionProtocol version mismatch. (client =
11, server = 10)*

Among my environment variables:  PIG_HADOOP_VERSION=18

Did I miss any thing?  Thank you in advance.

George

Re: Pig version mismatch after setting PIG_HADOOP_VERSION

Posted by zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com>.
So do you use the third machine as the client ?

make sure it also has the version of hadoop

Posted by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com>.
Hi Santhosh,

My version for pig: 0.3.0, version for hadoop: 0.18.3

I think thy should be bundled version, right?

George

Posted by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com>.