Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "hans@seesite.be" <ha...@seesite.be> on 2003/06/01 02:04:52 UTC

Re: XML-RPC syntax - changed for 1.1b - in what way ??

OK, finaly found it.

The xml-rpc syntax has changed indeed for xindice-1.1b.
The new format looks like

<methodCall>
<methodName>run</methodName>
<params>
</struct></value>
</param>
</params>
</methodCall>

(and a member document for document-inserts)

Re: BTreeFiler not available

Posted by "hans@seesite.be" <ha...@seesite.be>.
The error,

DEBUG> Filer 'org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler' not available

was caused because linux has a default maximum of 1024 open files.
Seems like the more collections and indexers you have, the more open files.

I solved the problem by setting the value for open files higher.
this can be done (on linux) by the command.

#ulimit -n 5000

don't know yet what the downside on other processes or system-load is, or
could be.