Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2016/02/11 01:31:44 UTC

More Personnel

I was going to post this on private@.  But I've written
it to avoid naming any names, so I'll post on dev@
instead, for the benefit of those not (yet) subscribed
to private@.

=========================

Please don't vote in response to this.  I'm not putting forward
a proposal, but just asking for comment.

Since the most recent addition of committers, we've had contact
from several other individuals.  I've no knowledge of most of
them, which makes it hard to propose them.  I'm emailing
these individuals privately to ask for a statement that
can be used to propose them.

When I (or any of the mentors) add a committer, one thing
we want is a "vote reference".  That's on record to
document that the community has agreed on the candidate.
I'll propose votes once I have sufficient information on
the candidates.

Note that in general, it shouldn't be just me proposing
candidates here.  We're all equal, and a proposal can
come from anyone.  So if you spot someone else making
good contributions and think they should be committers,
don't mail me, but propose the candidate here!

--
Nick Kew