Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ni...@bt.com on 2002/10/21 09:50:19 UTC

XSD

Oleg
I have rendered PDF docs using FOP from a DTD, XML XSL files and this works
fine....I have no designed a XSD and I get the following error message.

[ERROR] The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document type
declaration must be well-formed.

All the file are well formed according to XML-spy, do you think it is the
XSD that is causing the error or something else?

Many thanks

Nick

Re: XSD

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
nick.moon@bt.com wrote:

> I have rendered PDF docs using FOP from a DTD, XML XSL files and this works
> fine....I have no designed a XSD and I get the following error message.
>
> [ERROR] The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document type
> declaration must be well-formed.
>
> All the file are well formed according to XML-spy, do you think it is the
> XSD that is causing the error or something else?

Actally, that means xml parser cannot parse your xml or xsl successfully,
there is something wrong within dtd. That's xerces's error message,
MSG_MARKUP_NOT_RECOGNIZED_IN_DTD, which is thrown by XMLDTDScannerImpl class.
What is your dtd looks like?
Anyway you'd better ask on xerces-user mail list.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: XSD

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
nick.moon@bt.com wrote:
> I have rendered PDF docs using FOP from a DTD, XML XSL files and this works
> fine....I have no designed a XSD and I get the following error message.
>
> [ERROR] The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document type
> declaration must be well-formed.

I suspect you use a DOCTYPE declaration to refer to an XSD schema.
If so: DOCTYPE can only refer to DTDs. If you want the parser to
validate against an XSD, use set schemaLocation on the document
element.

J.Pietschmann