Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim O'Callaghan <ji...@peritussolutions.com> on 2010/06/10 10:51:38 UTC

Grid and inPlace="true" query

Are there any known issues with inPlace="true" for grids with the
T5.2.0-SNAPSHOT?  I'm finding that sometimes when using the pager to
navigate to the second page of a list it is coming up blank with the default
'no results' type message, and I need to do a manual browser refresh.
Anyone come across this before?

Regards,

Jim.

Re: Grid and inPlace="true" query

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:42:33 -0300, Jim O'Callaghan
<jc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Thiago - that was the problem.  Could you suggest the best
> approach for populating the list that backs the grid?  I didn't want to
> persist it in the session longer than necessary, and using
> PersistenceConstants.FLASH works the first time the pager is used, but
> not the second, as the list has been removed upon first access.  Should
> I be using @Persist for the list and then using some specific logic to
> remove the list from the session on leaving the page?

Yes. :) Or, better yet, persist the search parameters (if any) and then
fetch the data every time the grid is rendered.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

RE: Grid and inPlace="true" query

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks Thiago - that was the problem.  Could you suggest the best approach for populating the list that backs the grid?  I didn't want to persist it in the session longer than necessary, and using PersistenceConstants.FLASH works the first time the pager is used, but not the second, as the list has been removed upon first access.  Should I be using @Persist for the list and then using some specific logic to remove the list from the session on leaving the page?

Regards,
Jim.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:51:38 -0300, Jim O'Callaghan
<ji...@peritussolutions.com> wrote:

> Are there any known issues with inPlace="true" for grids with the
> T5.2.0-SNAPSHOT?  I'm finding that sometimes when using the pager to
> navigate to the second page of a list it is coming up blank with the
> default 'no results' type message, and I need to do a manual browser
> refresh.
> Anyone come across this before?

Are you sure you're always providing a non-empty list or GridDataSource to
Grid? That's the first thing I would check.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
Owner, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informa��o Ltda.
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Grid and inPlace="true" query

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.