Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nicholas Lesiecki <nl...@vmsinfo.com> on 2005/01/14 23:36:35 UTC

Limit selections in Palette

Hi,

I want (I think) to use the Palette component to represent a list of options
for a user to choose from. I have two issues:

1)       Is there any way to limit the selection to a single item? (Using a
dropdown is inappropriate because of the length of the list being displayed)

2)       Is there any way to change the available items without disturbing
the selected items? I want users to be able to type in some criteria, hit
search, and then see a list of available options. Supposing they click one,
I'd like that value to be saved. After that, they could search again and
perhaps select a second (or third, or whatever) item. This too would be
added to the selected column. Is there an easy way of doing this in
Tapestry?

Cheers,

Nick