Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arturo P <pe...@flashmail.com> on 2004/01/11 20:59:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Query about script ownership

Hello
    In PHP the get_current_user
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-current-user.php>  function
allows one to find out what user the script is beign run as. Is it
possible to dynamically set this variable? That woudl really help with
file permission iusses.

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Query about script ownership

Posted by Jez Hancock <je...@munk.nu>.
On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 03:59:53PM -0400, Arturo P wrote:
> Hello
>    In PHP the get_current_user
> <http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-current-user.php>  function
> allows one to find out what user the script is beign run as. Is it
> possible to dynamically set this variable? That woudl really help with
> file permission iusses.
You may want to investigate using the suexec functionality of
apache to allow scripts to be run as the user they're owned by.

There's also a php suexec patch for mod_php4 I believe - suphp is one
that I know of although there maybe be others.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/