Posted to user@struts.apache.org by DJR <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/30 03:11:12 UTC

How to make Optiontransferselect Tag vertical in Struts2?

Optiontransferselect Tag in Struts2 usually looks like the image below:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14039295/optiontranshorizental.png
But how can we make it vertical like the image below:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14039295/optiontransvertical.png

Re: How to make Optiontransferselect Tag vertical in Struts2?

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
DJR wrote:
> Optiontransferselect Tag in Struts2 usually looks like the image below:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p14039295/optiontranshorizental.png
> But how can we make it vertical like the image below:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p14039295/optiontransvertical.png

You'll need to override the template used by the theme.  See
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/themes-and-templates.html

To override:
Extract optiontransferselect.ftl from
strust2-core-xx.jar!/template/simple/optiontransferselect.ftl
Place optiontransferselect.ftl in your classpath at /template/simple
Edit the html in this file to suit your vertical layout.  You'll see its
actually just a table and you should only need to edit the table tags
and the <-- --> arrows.

If you want to use both horizontal and vertical layout, create a custom
theme and use the theme= attribute instead of overriding the simple theme.

hope that helps,
 Jeromy Evans