Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Kirill Ratkin <kv...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/30 13:45:40 UTC

Legacy Stateful service as part of OpenWhisk plarform

Hello Everyone,

I need your advice, please. Now I'm in a way to move to OpenWhisk platform.
Original solution is developed as set of stateful microservices.

Some microservices are quite small and could be re-written as a set of
actions.
But couple of it are not easy to re-write because some 3-rd party processes
are used there (one of them is FreeSwitch).

Could I use docker image (where for example FreeSwitch works) as stateful
service
and inject events from this docker container to OpenWhisk and receive
answers from
actions which subscribed on such events?

Best Regards,
Kirill Ratkin