Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov> on 2005/07/25 21:24:08 UTC

Browse repos available under SVNParentPath with Apache?

I'm converting some of our developers from CVS to SVN this week.  I've
got a few SVN repos being served under a common parent using Apache's
SVNParentPath and it works fine like http://svnbox/repo_name

But if I just enter http://svnbox/ it doesn't present me with a
conventional apache-generated directory listing of the repos under the
SVNParentPath. I get: 403 Forbidden "You don't have permission to
access /svn/ on this server."

I even tried adding <Directory> index generation but I suspect the SVN
process grabs the URL so the normal directory indexing doesn't ever
get invoked. Here's my config section:

 <Location 	/svn>
  DAV		svn
  SVNParentPath	/data1/svn
  AuthType 	Basic
  AuthName	"Subversion code repository on Osiris"
  AuthUserFile	/usr/local/apache2/conf/htpasswd-svn
  <LimitExcept 	GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
   Require 	valid-user
  </LimitExcept>
 </Location>
 # This doesn't allow seeing the subdirs in /data1/svn; how to fix?
 <Directory 		"/data1/svn">
     Options 		Indexes MultiViews
     Order 		allow,deny
     Allow from		all
 </Directory>

While it's convenient that I don't have to restart apache when adding
a repo under SVNParentPath it would be nice if users could see these
new repos without having to know their names.

I've checked the FAQ and the Red Bean book but don't find an answer.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Browse repos available under SVNParentPath with Apache?

Posted by Romain Prévost <pr...@gmail.com>.
Posting to the list ...

--
Romain Prévost