Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/12/02 01:40:38 UTC

CMP 2 maybe with JPA

I'm going to take a look getting CMP 2 working with OpenEJB 3.  I
currently have two possible implementations I'm considering.  The
first would involve updating the OpenEJB 2 container which uses
TranQL.  The second involves create a fork of the existing castor
container to use JPA.  With a small magic in the container we should
be able to map CMP 2 beans directly into JPA.

Of course the JPA version appeals to me most since it is a new API,
so I'm going to investigate that one first.  Is anyone working on
getting JPA persistence units integrated into main deployment?

-dain

Re: CMP 2 maybe with JPA

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 12/2/06, Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote:

> Of course the JPA version appeals to me most since it is a new API,
> so I'm going to investigate that one first.  Is anyone working on
> getting JPA persistence units integrated into main deployment?

Noone that I'm aware of.

+1 for the idea.

p.s. I'm very glad to see you in the crowd as it ensures only a
success! Thanks Dain for stepping forward for it - I've got bored with
Dave's excellent hacks ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski