Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Luo, Chao" <ch...@here.com> on 2016/07/18 15:59:20 UTC

Kafka Fault Tolerance Test

Dear Kafka fans,

I have a concern of testing Kafka fault tolerance. Or may I did not configure it right.

I have two kafka servers and one zookeeper, which are running on three different AWS EC2 instances. I created a topic with one partition and two replica. First, the two kafka servers were running and everything was perfect. After I shut down the leader for my topic, the producer and the consumer just stopped working. Why did Kafka system stop working? I did not see any fault tolerance here. However, when I restarted the leader (I just shut down ), the producer and consumer started to work again. Here is my topic description:

Topic:fast-messages     PartitionCount:1        ReplicationFactor:2     Configs:
        Topic: fast-messages    Partition: 0    Leader: 1       Replicas: 1,0   Isr: 1,0

Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chao

Re: Kafka Fault Tolerance Test

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Also which version of Kafka are you using?

Posted by "Luo, Chao" <ch...@here.com>.
Hi Guozhang,

Thanks for your reply. Now the system is working fine. I did not use the right topic for testing, which only has one replica. Appreciated!!

Best,
Chao

--
-- Guozhang