Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Navneeth Krishnan <re...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/22 17:40:59 UTC

Consumer TimeoutException

Hi All,

I'm frequently getting the below error in one of the application consumers.
From the error what I can infer is, the offset commit failed due to timeout
after 30 seconds. One suggestion was to increase the timeout but I think it
will just extend the time period. What should be the good way to handle
this?

*Note:* The consumer has auto commit disabled and after every poll
commitAsync is performed.

failed org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.RetriableCommitFailedException:
Offset commit failed with a retriable exception. You should retry
committing the latest consumed offsets.
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to send
request after 30000 ms.

Thanks