Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by John Russell <jr...@cloudera.com> on 2017/09/07 20:35:08 UTC

Doc gerrit for TIMESTAMP + UDF advice (gerrit #7983)

Hello all,

I’ve got a doc gerrit that adds some advice about compiling UDFs that use Boost functions to manipulate timestamps.  Specifically, a BOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG #define is needed so the C++ code treats the timestamps as 96-bit values.

https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/7983/

Since it falls along the boundary of Impala data types and UDFs, I’m not sure who would be interested in reviewing it from the dev side.  Accepting volunteers to look over the doc change!

Thanks,
John