Posted to commits@cordova.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/09/10 19:16:49 UTC

[Cordova Wiki] Update of "CordovaTranslations" by MichaelBrooks

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cordova Wiki" for change notification.

The "CordovaTranslations" page has been changed by MichaelBrooks:
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CordovaTranslations?action=diff&rev1=37&rev2=38

Comment:
Minor sentence changes.

  = Translating Apache Cordova =
- Apache Cordova's documentation is written in English but translations are available in a number of different languages.  These languages are choosen based on volunteers who are willing to help translate from English to their native tongue.  We use Crowdin, a translation and localization management platform to collaborate amongst translators and our core team.
+ Apache Cordova's documentation is written in English but translations are available in a number of different languages.  These languages are chosen based on volunteers who are willing to help translate from English to their native tongue.  We use Crowdin, a translation and localization management platform to collaborate amongst translators and our core team.

  = The Process of Translating =
  If you know another language and are willing to help translate Apache Cordova, here are the steps to get started:

   * Step - 2: Search for and find the Cordova project http://crowdin.net/project/cordova/
   * Step - 3: Scroll down to find the languages that are currently being translated.
-  * Step - 4: Choose a language and click on the language to start contributing.  ex. Spanish http://crowdin.net/project/cordova/es-ES
+  * Step - 4: Choose a language and click on the language to start contributing.  e.g. Spanish http://crowdin.net/project/cordova/es-ES
-  * Step - 5: Next to each of the markdown files you will see a button labelled "Translate".  Clicking on that button will open a translate page where the English version of the file is on the left.
+  * Step - 5: Next to each of the markdown files you will see a button labelled "Translate".  Clicking that button will open a translate page where the English version of the file is on the left.
-  * Step - 6: Click on a phrase in the lefthand panel.  Then type a translation in the textarea to the right.  Click the "Commit Translation" button.
+  * Step - 6: Click on a phrase in the left-hand panel.  Then type a translation in the textarea to the right.  Click the "Commit Translation" button.

  If a translation is already provided for a phrase you can vote it up or down.  If you vote it down be sure to also include what you believe to be the correct translation.