Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mrugesh Patel <mr...@infodesk.com> on 2014/06/16 08:35:37 UTC

Lucene 4.8.1 - Taxonomy

Hi,

I would like to open taxonomy indices in a tool (like Luke). Please could
you help? Currently I am able to open other lucene indices  in Luke 4.8.1
but unable to open taxonomy indices. When I try to open taxonomy indices in
Luke 4.8.1 then it shows

"org.apache.lucene.index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in
." exception.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mrugesh

Re: Lucene 4.8.1 - Taxonomy

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Err ... are you sure there's an index in the directory that you point Luke
at? I see that the exception points to "." which suggests the local
directory from where Luke was run.

There's nothing special about the taxonomy index, as far as Luke should
concern. However, note that I do not recommend trying to alter the taxonomy
index via Luke in any way, as it's structure is very specific and things
rely on it. It's not a usual index ... i.e. there's no point trying to
search it or something like that.

Shai