Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org> on 2006/09/22 20:52:26 UTC

Solr's PrefixFilter

A PyLucene user just submitted a patch to PyLucene to integrate Solr's
PrefixFilter class. PyLucene is not PySolr but it looks like PrefixFilter has
nothing specific to Solr in it and PrefixFilter could be useful to regular
Lucene users as well.

Are there any objections to checking org.apache.solr.search.PrefixFilter into
Lucene's search package ? I could submit a patch, but codewise, it's trivial
enough to just rename the package it's in to org.apache.lucene.search.

What do you think ?

Andi..

Re: Solr's PrefixFilter

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Sep 22, 2006, at 8:51 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Anyway, the id-generation implementation is hidden (package
> : protected), so I guess it should be fine to put it in Lucene.
> : Any objections?
>
> nope .. +1 for promoting to lucene/java

+1

    and

> Is now the time to consider promoting FunctionQuery too  :)

      +1

indeed.

	Erik

Re: Solr's PrefixFilter

Re: Solr's PrefixFilter

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 9/22/06, Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> A PyLucene user just submitted a patch to PyLucene to integrate Solr's
> PrefixFilter class. PyLucene is not PySolr but it looks like PrefixFilter has
> nothing specific to Solr in it and PrefixFilter could be useful to regular
> Lucene users as well.
>
> Are there any objections to checking org.apache.solr.search.PrefixFilter into
> Lucene's search package ? I could submit a patch, but codewise, it's trivial
> enough to just rename the package it's in to org.apache.lucene.search.
>
> What do you think ?

In PrefixFilter, I was experimenting with decoupling id generation
from id collection.
I'm not sure if I liked the result, but I never got around to taking
another shot at it.

Another idea might be to have a TermEnumFilter that is defined to be
all the documents matched by a TermEnum.  Then we could also define
RangeTermEnum and PrefixTermEnum.

Anyway, the id-generation implementation is hidden (package
protected), so I guess it should be fine to put it in Lucene.
Any objections?

-Yonik